Site Visitor Consent
This site is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from this age group without the explicit consent of a parent or guardian.
I. Use of Collected Information
We’re going to be collecting information about visitors to the website and analyzing that information in order to enhance website performance.
Personally Identifiable Information:
No personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, telephone number, email) will be collected unless it is voluntarily submitted to us via registration for our mailing list or other mechanism.
If personally identifiable information is posted, it will only be used as follows:
- To respond to specific requests via email when appropriate;
- To report information to regulatory authorities as necessary.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
The information we collect may include your IP Address (a number used to identify your computer on the Internet) and other information gathered through our weblogs, cookies or by other means. Additionally we may make use of “cookies” in the collection of information you provide us, or when your web browser accesses information on this web site.
- We may share your personal information with our agents, contractors or partners in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, the National Hydropower Association, such as sending email messages, managing data, hosting our databases, providing data processing services, or providing online consulting services. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for the National Hydropower Association.
- We retain the right to disclose collected information if required to do so by law or in exceptionally rare instances if acting on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect national, state, or company security or to respond to an emergency situation.
II. Google Analytics
We will use Google Analytics in order to examine visitor data.
Web Administrator Use of Data
Google Analytics will be used to track information on visitors to the National Hydropower Association for the purpose of website optimization and assessing whether key audiences are visiting the site.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Mailing Addresses
- Social Security Numbers
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
This information is used to administer and update the website. The National Hydropower Association will be a more user-friendly site if we know which pages our users are visiting and how often. We will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google’s Use of Data:
Review, Update and Deletion of Collected Information:
If you are concerned about the information you have provided to us or would like to review, update, or delete this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests.
We may update this policy from time to time. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of this policy. We will not make any materially different use of collected information without notifying site visitors.
Last Updated January 18, 2010