2015 NHA Annual Conference
The National Hydropower Association Annual Conference focuses on bringing together industry leaders, state and federal regulatory officials and key legislative staff to discuss technology, policy and future development options for the hydropower industry.
Learn more about the 2015 NHA Conference here: http://www.nationalhydroconference.com/
- Owners/Operators/Developers of Hydroelectric Plants
- Environmental and Engineering Consultants
- Business Development Managers
- Energy Analysts
- Service Providers
- Water Resource Professionals
- Policy Makers
- Government and NGO Representatives
- Project Managers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Equipment Manufacturers/Suppliers
- Resource Agencies
- Washington Representatives
- Field Services
2015 International Marine Renewable Energy Conference (IMREC) and Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS)
International Marine Renewable Energy Conference
The International Marine Renewable Energy Conference (IMREC) offers researchers, technology developers, policy makers, NGOs, and industry representatives the opportunity to discuss financing instruments, best management practices, and global regulatory developments regarding marine renewable energy.
Join industry leaders and learn the latest on U.S. and international marine energy projects, environmental monitoring, design tools, testing infrastructure, offshore safety and construction, and the evolving trends and markets of this technology. Also, come hear about the Department of Energy’s new “Wave Energy Converter Prize” competition and plans for funding technology development as well as the U.S. Navy’s role in commercializing marine energy technologies for new applications.
Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS)
The 3nd Annual Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS) will be held as part of the inaugural International Marine Energy Conference. This conference takes place April 27-29, 2015, at the Capital Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C., and will be co-located with the National Hydropower Association’s annual conference.
METS provides a venue where technical experts can publish and present wave and water current energy research that helps accelerate the pace of technology development. Holding METS in conjunction with the International Marine Energy and the NHA conferences will provide researchers with the invaluable opportunity to interact with public and private industry stakeholders.
The METS 2015 proceedings will consist of extended abstract submissions and technical presentations. In addition, the METS review committee will invite selected presenters to author a full-length paper for inclusion in a special METS issue of the International Journal of Marine Energy.
METS 2015 Call for Papers
The METS 2015 organizing committee is seeking 3-5 page extended abstracts that focus on the design, analysis, environmental monitoring, and economic evaluation of wave energy and water current energy converter technologies.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT BY THE EXTENDED DEADLINE: February 9, 2015!
To download abstract submission templates, CLICK HERE.
To submit your abstract online, CLICK HERE.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Device design, analysis, and simulation
- Design optimization methods
- Environmental monitoring
- Laboratory and open water experimental testing
- Materials and coatings
- Design and analysis of mooring systems
- Array optimization and layout
- Device deployment strategies
- Operations and maintenance strategies
- Cost-of-energy modeling
- Code validation & verification
Authors whose extended abstracts are accepted will be given the opportunity to give a presentation at METS describing their work.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW SCHEDULE:
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: February 9th, 2015
Author Notification of Acceptance and Reviewer Feedback: March 6th, 2015
Submission of Revised Extended Abstract: April 10th, 2015
Podium Presentation: April 28th or April 29th, 2015
- Extended abstracts must be submitted using the online submission system that can be accessed here: http://goo.gl/2dyt3g
- Extended abstracts should be 3-5 pages, including figures and references
- Please follow the format in the MS-Word and LaTeX templates that can be downloaded here: http://goo.gl/i0jnoN
- Extended abstracts must be must be submitted in PDF format
Have questions or need additional information? Contact Samantha Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 HydroVision International
Learn more about HydroVision International at http://www.hydroevent.com