2015 NHA California Regional Meeting
5:00 – 6:30 PM – NHA Welcome Networking Reception
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM – NHA CA Regional Meeting
Session Topics to Include:
- NHA Washington Update
- Hydro Relicensing in California
- New CA Hydropower Generation: What’s happening?
- CA Hot Topics – Energy Storage
- Hydro Operations in Extreme Conditions
- NHA Operational Excellence Program Update
California State University Sacramento
The University Union, Ballroom I
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819
Larkspur Landing Sacramento
555 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825
Please call the hotel directly at (916) 646-1212 mention “SMUD” to receive the discounted rate of $95 (plus tax) for a studio suite with internet, continental breakfast and kitchenette. Executive and double suites also available at $125 plus tax.Cancellation Policy:You may transfer your registration at any time at no cost. Cancellations received in writing by November 20, 2015 will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations after this date cannot be refunded.
Questions and Sponsorship:
Please contact Francesca Blanco (Francesca@hydro.org) with questions and for sponsorship opportunities.
Please note: This is an industry only meeting.
2016 NHA Waterpower Week in Washington
The all-new Waterpower Week in Washington will present three events under one roof showcasing the entire world of waterpower. Make plans to attend these dynamic events: National Hydropower Association Annual Conference, International Marine Renewable Energy Conference andMarine Energy Technology Symposium taking place at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C., April 25-27, 2016.
2016 NHA International Marine Renewable Energy Conference (IMREC)
IMREC is an important and unique event to bring together individuals interested in marine energy to share challenges, find solutions, and continue to move this industry forward. IMREC is especially important this year since both the Global Marine Renewable Energy Conference (GMREC) event and the Energy Ocean event are NOT being held.
Past topics discussed at the IMREC event include:
- Financing instruments and U.S. Federal R&D funding
- Best management practices
- Global regulatory developments regarding marine renewable energy
- U.S. and international marine energy projects
- Environmental monitoring
- Design tools
- Testing infrastructure
- Offshore safety and construction
- Evolving technology trends and markets
- Wave and water current energy research
This conference is being presented by the newly formed National Hydropower Association Marine Energy Council – or MEC. Most members of the Council transitioned from the Ocean Renewable Energy Coalition (OREC), which ceased operations in January 2015.
The National Hydropower Association (NHA) is the official trade association for hydropower in the United States. By forming a council focused on Marine Energy, NHA is bringing the conventional and marine energy industries together under one roof.
NHA and members of the MEC believe this “under one roof” concept provides benefits to both industries as we collectively advocate the importance of all hydropower technologies as solutions to energy challenges.
2016 NHA Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS)
With content developed from technical papers, METS provides a venue where academic and industry experts will present marine energy research activities that are supporting technology development, testing, and environmental monitoring.
It’s important to reiterate that the upcoming IMREC and METS events are the only marine energy events occurring in the United States in 2016 officially supported by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Why are these events being co-located with the National Hydropower Association Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.?
NHA has a strong annual conference each year, attracting nearly 600 attendees. Many of these attendees represent companies who either work in or are interested in learning about generating electricity using the kinetic power in waves, tides, and streamflows.
From the most important regulatory and policy issues, as well as technological advancements, development and opportunities for growth in generation and stable distribution of electricity, co-locating the events in the nation’s capitol provides industry publicity and access to policy-makers as we collectively promote using water in all its forms to generate electricity.
2016 HydroVision International
HydroVision International is the largest gathering of hydro professionals worldwide. Join attendees and exhibiting companies from around the world for a week of informative hydropower-focused meetings, workshops, tours, an extensive program and exhibition. HydroVision International highlights perspectives on the role of hydropower, explores issues affecting hydro resources, and helps participants develop a vision to meet challenges and ensure the future sustainability of hydro.
- Build alliances among 3,500+ hydro professionals and water resource stakeholders
- Attend multiple networking events to make a connection with colleagues
- Share knowledge, expertise and viewpoints toward effective solutions
- Gain a better understanding of current and future challenges affecting hydro during the 70+ conference sessions
- Hear from over 400 hydro speakers
- See the most comprehensive collection of 350+ hydro-related product and service providers on the exhibit floor
- Promote technology development to sustain the hydro industry
- Earn Professional Development Hour Credits – Attendees registered as Full Conference Delegates are eligible to receive 15 Professional Development Hours (PDH) credits
Conference Topics Include:
- Asset Management
- Civil Works and Dam Safety
- Marine Hydrokinetics
- New Development
- Operations and Maintenance
- Policies and Regulations
- Water Resources
2016 NHA Annual Conference
Join industry leaders, state and federal regulatory officials, and key legislative staff to discuss technology, policy and future development options for the hydropower industry at the National Hydropower Association Annual Conference.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• Build relationships with policy makers
• Connect with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) staff on regulatory and compliance issues
• Gain the latest insight on how new projects are moving forward
• Learn about innovative and high quality work going on throughout the industry
• Share operations and maintenance (O&M) best practices supporting operational excellence
• Visit with agencies and collect valuable information
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS
NHA Annual Conference attendees are eligible to receive 14 professional development hours (PDHs).
Instructions on how to access your certificate of completion will automatically be emailed to all attendees following the 2016 NHA Annual Conference.