2016 NHA Southeast Regional Meeting
Detailed agenda available here.
Wednesday. May 11, 2016
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Tour TVA Forecast Center & Norris Dam
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM – Welcome Networking Reception
Thursday, May 12, 2016
7:30 AM – 4:30 PM – Full Day NHA Regional Meeting (Breakfast and Lunch provided)
- NHA Washington Update
- Update on Boone Dam: Lessons Learned
- Dam Safety: What are your Risks?
- NHA Operational Excellence
- Update on the DoE Hydropower Program
- Hot Topics in the Southeast
- Hydro’s Value Recognition
Tennessee Valley Authority Auditorium
400 W Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37902
Crowne Plaza Knoxville
401 W Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37902
NHA has negotiated a room rate of $110 a night plus tax. Please call 865-522-2600 ext 2330 and reference the National Hydropower Association to receive this rate. This rate is based on availability and only valid until April 19, 2016.
You may transfer your registration at any time at no cost. Cancellations received in writing by April 27, 2016 will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations after this date cannot be refunded.
2016 NHA Northeast Regional Meeting
A detailed draft agenda can be found here.
Wednesday. June 1, 2016
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Welcome Networking Reception
Thursday, June 2, 2106
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Full Day Meeting (Breakfast and Lunch provided)
- NHA Washington Update
- Fish Passage: Update on Shad
- Army Corps Development
- Relicensing: TLP vs ILP
- NHA’s Operational Excellence Program – Update & Results to Date
- Valuing Hydropower
Exelon Energy Hall
2301 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The Warwick Rittenhouse Square
220 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
NHA has reserved a block of rooms at the negotiated rate of $175 plus tax. Please click here or call (215) 735-6000 to and mention NHA to receive this rate. Rate is valid until May 9th or until the block is full so please book your room as soon as possible.
Energy Bar Association 2016 Annual Meeting & Conference
Join more than 500 of your colleagues and associates for two days of educational sessions, networking and discussing the latest trends and developments facing the energy law sector. Attend the largest and most important annual gathering of those in the energy law sector. You will enjoy unparalleled networking opportunities, high-quality educational sessions and an excellent lineup of keynote and luncheon speakers.
Concurrent Session Highlights:
- Tomorrow’s Grid is Here: Technical, Financial, Policy, and Legal Ramifications
- Building the Bridge from Energy Law Education to Practice
- Let’s Get Ethical: Who Are You When No One is Watching?
- Known Knowns and Known Unknowns: Sifting Through Regulatory Changes in the Gas Pipeline Industry
- How Will COP 21 and the Paris Agreement on Emissions Impact the U.S. Energy Sector?
- Renewing the Grid: Issues and Obstacles to Interconnecting Renewable Energy
- Oil Exports, and Keystone XL Pipeline Rejection
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credit: Pending to include 10-15 hours of MCLE credit and 1.5 hours of ethics credit.
Renaissance Downtown Hotel
999 Ninth Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20001
Manager, Communications and Membership Marketing
Energy Bar Association
Direct: (202) 499-5847
GEA Baseload Renewable Energy Summit
The Geothermal Energy Association (GEA) is pleased to be holding its fifth annual National Geothermal Summit early this summer, but with a twist. This year, the leading forum for western state policy discussions will team up with the National Hydropower Association (NHA), and the Biomass Power Association (BPA) to create a new spin on the annual event. The Baseload Renewable Energy Summit will be held on June 7-8, 2016 at the Grand Sierra in Reno, NV.
This year’s Baseload Renewable Energy Summit will feature the combined voices of three major baseload renewables.
Geothermal, hydropower, and biomass often face similar problems at three main levels- political, financial, and societal. The Summit will focus on voicing key issues faced by the geothermal industry to both state and federal policy makers. In parallel to this, industry experts in hydropower and biomass will join panel discussions to shed light on the critical importance of baseload, renewable energy sources for grid reliability, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and meeting rising energy demand.
2016 HydroVision International
HydroVision International is the largest gathering of hydro professionals worldwide. Join attendees and exhibiting companies from around the world for a week of informative hydropower-focused meetings, workshops, tours, an extensive program and exhibition. HydroVision International highlights perspectives on the role of hydropower, explores issues affecting hydro resources, and helps participants develop a vision to meet challenges and ensure the future sustainability of hydro.
- Build alliances among 3,500+ hydro professionals and water resource stakeholders
- Attend multiple networking events to make a connection with colleagues
- Share knowledge, expertise and viewpoints toward effective solutions
- Gain a better understanding of current and future challenges affecting hydro during the 70+ conference sessions
- Hear from over 400 hydro speakers
- See the most comprehensive collection of 350+ hydro-related product and service providers on the exhibit floor
- Promote technology development to sustain the hydro industry
- Earn Professional Development Hour Credits – Attendees registered as Full Conference Delegates are eligible to receive 15 Professional Development Hours (PDH) credits
Conference Topics Include:
- Asset Management
- Civil Works and Dam Safety
- Marine Hydrokinetics
- New Development
- Operations and Maintenance
- Policies and Regulations
- Water Resources
2016 NHA Alaska Regional Meeting
Monday, September 19, 2016
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
NHA AK Regional Meeting
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
NHA AK Regional Meeting
1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Tour Hydro Projects
6:30 pm – 8:30 PM
Networking Reception in conjunction with Alaska Power Association Meeting
The Cordova Center
602 Railroad Ave,
Cordova, AK 99574
The Reluctant Fisherman
NHA has reserved rooms at the reduced rate of $199 plus tax. Please call 907-424-3272 and mention NHA to receive this rate. ** This hotel is now full. You can call to check on availability if there have been cancellations but as of 3.10.16 the hotel is at capacity**
Prince William Motel
NHA has reserved rooms at the reduced rate of $95 plus tax. Please call 907-424-3201 and mention NHA to receive this rate.
Orca Adventure Lodge
NHA has reserved rooms at the reduced rate of $165 plus tax. Please call 828-606-5133 and mention NHA to receive this rate.
Cordova also offers many lodges and bed and breakfasts. Please visit the Cordova Chamber of Commerce to see other lodging options.
2016 NHA Hydraulic Power Committee (HPC) Fall Retreat
The HPC Fall Retreat is scheduled for October 25 – 27, 2016, at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI. Additional details will be posted in the near future.
2016 NHA California Regional Meeting
Save the Date for the 2016 NHA CA Regional Meeting on December 6 – 7, 2016 in San Diego, CA. Stay tuned for details.
2016 NHA Annual Conference
Join industry leaders, state and federal regulatory officials, and key legislative staff to discuss technology, policy and future development options for the hydropower industry at the National Hydropower Association Annual Conference.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• Build relationships with policy makers
• Connect with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) staff on regulatory and compliance issues
• Gain the latest insight on how new projects are moving forward
• Learn about innovative and high quality work going on throughout the industry
• Share operations and maintenance (O&M) best practices supporting operational excellence
• Visit with agencies and collect valuable information
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS
NHA Annual Conference attendees are eligible to receive 14 professional development hours (PDHs).
Instructions on how to access your certificate of completion will automatically be emailed to all attendees following the 2016 NHA Annual Conference.
2017 Waterpower Week in Washington – Annual Conference, IMREC and METS
Save the Date!
We will be back in Washington, DC on May 1 – 3, 2017 to host Waterpower Week in Washington including the NHA Annual Conference, International Marine Energy Conference (IMREC) and Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS). Stay tuned for details!