2016 NHA Alaska Regional Meeting
Sunday, September 18, 2016
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
NHA Welcome Reception
Monday, September 19, 2016
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
NHA AK Regional Meeting
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
NHA AK Regional Meeting
1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Powercreek Hydro Project Tour
6:30 pm – 8:30 PM
Networking Reception in conjunction with Alaska Power Association Meeting
The Cordova Center
602 Railroad Ave,
Cordova, AK 99574
The Reluctant Fisherman
NHA has reserved rooms at the reduced rate of $199 plus tax. Please call 907-424-3272 and mention NHA to receive this rate. ** This hotel is now full. You can call to check on availability if there have been cancellations but as of 3.10.16 the hotel is at capacity**
Prince William Motel
NHA has reserved rooms at the reduced rate of $95 plus tax. Please call 907-424-3201 and mention NHA to receive this rate.
Orca Adventure Lodge
NHA has reserved rooms at the reduced rate of $165 plus tax. Please call 828-606-5133 and mention NHA to receive this rate.
Cordova also offers many lodges and bed and breakfasts. Please visit the Cordova Chamber of Commerce to see other lodging options.
2016 NHA Hydraulic Power Committee (HPC) Fall Retreat
NHA’s Hydraulic Power Committee (HPC), in conjunction with the Midwest Hydro Users Group (MHUG), is pleased to invite you to the HPC Fall Retreat at historic Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI.
The HPC Fall Retreat is the premier industry event that specializes in exchanging critical information related to the technical and environmental aspects of operating hydroelectric projects.
This year’s line-up is packed with relevant and timely discussions that you will be able to apply back home to improve procedures related to dam and employee safety, operations and maintenance, and environmental performance.
Monday, October 24
- MHUG sponsored owner operator-only meeting (open to all owner operator attendees)
Tuesday, October 25 & Thursday, October 27
- Insight on trends in dam safety and an update from FERC’s Division of Dam Safety & Inspections (D2SI)
- Cyber security best practices and avoiding cyber attacks
- New approaches to controlling and eliminating invasive species that impact operations
- Case studies from NHA’s Operational Excellence (OpEx) program around human performance events
- Operations and maintenance hot topics from around the country
- Licensees’ experiences with, and responses to, emergency events
- Research and development roundtable
- Utilizing risk registries to improve project management
Wednesday, October 26
- We Energies Twin Falls Redevelopment Project, originally constructed in 1912, with redeveloped powerhouse beginning operation in 2016
- Eagle Creek Renewable Energy’s Park Mill facility, constructed in 1920
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please contact Francesca Blanco for more information: Francesca@hydro.org
We look forward to seeing you in Green Bay!
Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay
1015 Lombardi Ave, Green Bay, WI
NHA has negotiated a discounted room rate of $119 per night plus tax. Please click here or call 920-405-0400 and mention the National Hydropower Association to receive this rate. Rates are valid until September 26th or once the block is full so reserve your room today!
Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field
1265 Lombardi Avenue Green Bay, WI 54304
2016 NHA California Regional Meeting
Save the Date for the 2016 NHA CA Regional Meeting on December 6 – 7, 2016 in San Diego, CA. Stay tuned for details.
2017 Waterpower Week in Washington – Annual Conference, IMREC and METS
Save the Date!
We will be back in Washington, DC on May 1 – 3, 2017 to host Waterpower Week in Washington including the NHA Annual Conference, International Marine Energy Conference (IMREC) and Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS). Stay tuned for details!